Release Notes – 0.3 (April 2021)
We are happy to release RIDE version 0.3! Please read the below Release Notes and related changes for this version.
In order to access Terrain datasets, you must have a terrain key. Please contact us directly in order to get a key and we will issue you one.
- Terrain datasets use a engine and platform optimized format for efficient loading, performance, and memory usage.
- Terrain datasets stream from a cloud provider, so that terrain sets can be loaded from any client without needing to bundle the large datasets with the client executable.
- Terrain datasets are accessible through a security key. This key can be developer specific, allowing access to certain datasets, and for a given timeframe.
- New framework for an intermediate, externally hosted service to act as a router to 3rd party services. This simplifies the client by both simplifying the API and reducing dependencies on 3rd party SDKs.
- New intermediate blob service that routes requests to Azure, Google and AWS blob file storage.
- New intermediate signed URL service that creates temporary, signed URLs for accessing cloud services. Route requests to Azure and AWS signed URL services.
- New Camera System added
- Camera System Example added
- New Audio System added
- Audio System Example added
Time Simulation System
- New system for controlling simulation time added
- TimeSimulation Example added
- New Pedagogical Logger Example added
- New Debug systems added:
- FPS Counter
- New Example showing Army doctrine Battle Drills
- Demonstrates different capabilities such as:
- Ambush / React to Ambush
- Throwing Smoke Grenades
- Numerous miscellaneous Examples added to highlight RIDE capabilities, such as:
- AirSim Integration Example
- Region System Example
- Interpretation System Example
- Demo04_SquadCombat Example
- Particle System Example
- BoundingOverwatch Example
- Input_VehiclesSystem Example
- Upgraded to support Unity 2020.2.3f1
TSS to RIDE Name Upgrade Guide
The first phase of renaming TSS to Ride. This list details the changes made:
- using TSS.X becomes using Ride.X
- TSS.View → Ride.UI
- TSS.Behaviours → Ride.AI
- TSS.Entity → Ride.Entities
- ExampleBase → RideBase
- ExampleBase.InitTSS → RideBase.InitRide
- api.serviceSystem → api.systemAccessSystem
- Any class or struct starting with TSS becomes Ride
- TSSid → RideID
- TSSVector3 → RideVector3
- Any class, file, or struct with the word Service becomes System
- All system and behaviour update functions now take delta time (dt) as a parameter
This phase renames the SVN repository, Unity project, and externals: