Release Notes – 0.3 (April 2021)
Please read the below Release Notes and related changes for this version.
In order to access Terrain datasets, you must have a terrain key. Please contact us directly in order to get a key and we will issue you one.
- Terrain datasets use a engine and platform optimized format for efficient loading, performance, and memory usage.
- Terrain datasets stream from a cloud provider, so that terrain sets can be loaded from any client without needing to bundle the large datasets with the client executable.
- Terrain datasets are accessible through a security key. This key can be developer specific, allowing access to certain datasets, and for a given timeframe.
- New framework for an intermediate, externally hosted service to act as a router to 3rd party services. This simplifies the client by both simplifying the API and reducing dependencies on 3rd party SDKs.
- New intermediate blob service that routes requests to Azure, Google and AWS blob file storage.
- New intermediate signed URL service that creates temporary, signed URLs for accessing cloud services. Route requests to Azure and AWS signed URL services.
- New Camera System added
- Camera System Example added
- New Audio System added
- Audio System Example added
Time Simulation System
- New system for controlling simulation time added
- TimeSimulation Example added
- New Pedagogical Logger Example added
- New Debug systems added:
- FPS Counter
- New Example showing Army doctrine Battle Drills
- Demonstrates different capabilities such as:
- Ambush / React to Ambush
- Throwing Smoke Grenades
- Numerous miscellaneous Examples added to highlight RIDE capabilities, such as:
- AirSim Integration Example
- Region System Example
- Interpretation System Example
- Demo04_SquadCombat Example
- Particle System Example
- BoundingOverwatch Example
- Input_VehiclesSystem Example
- Upgraded to support Unity 2020.2.3f1
TSS to RIDE Name Upgrade Guide
The first phase of renaming TSS to Ride. This list details the changes made:
- using TSS.X becomes using Ride.X
- TSS.View → Ride.UI
- TSS.Behaviours → Ride.AI
- TSS.Entity → Ride.Entities
- ExampleBase → RideBase
- ExampleBase.InitTSS → RideBase.InitRide
- api.serviceSystem → api.systemAccessSystem
- Any class or struct starting with TSS becomes Ride
- TSSid → RideID
- TSSVector3 → RideVector3
- Any class, file, or struct with the word Service becomes System
- All system and behaviour update functions now take delta time (dt) as a parameter
This phase renames the SVN repository, Unity project, and externals: