Release Notes – 0.6 (April 2022)
Please read the below Release Notes and related changes for this version.
In order to access Terrain datasets, you must have a terrain key. Please contact us directly in order to acquire a key.
- Added Round() to RideMath.cs.
- Improvement to A* Movement System at high timescales in regards to agents overshooting destinations / over turning.
- Cached calls to system access system in UnityAStarMovementSystem.
- BattleDrill_CoverAndConcealment; latest Battle Drill scene with new capabilities, including weapons, ambush types, agent behaviors, weather events, and terrain material identification.
- UnityRealTimeStrategyCameraController; implements a RTS game type camera with movement controls.
Entities – LOD
- DataMono military and civilian prefab entities now use LODs to drastically reduce Tris/Verts depending upon camera distance from character.
Level Select (Standalone or full-source distributions only)
- Split Demo scenes listing into Featured, Multiplayer and Tutorials listings.
- Esc key now backs out of scene listings and Options menu, returning to main menu instead of closing app.
- User now receives Exit confirmation prompt.
- Relabeled scenes for clarity and alphabetized accordingly.
- Menus can now be navigated via keyboard controls: arrow keys to select, Enter key to confirm, Backspace key to back out.
- Added various scenes not included previously.
Models – LOD
- AK47 and M4 weapon model prefabs now use LODs to drastically reduce Tris/Verts depending upon camera distance from model.
- Added 40mm grenade magazine type.
- Added M203 and M67 items.
- Removed ApiSystemMonoUpdater, functionality added to ApiSystemMono.
- Removed ApiMono, functionality added to SystemAccessSystem.
- Added m_StoppingSquaredVelocity to MovementSystem.cs to allow for more lenient considerations of reaching a destination.
- Added Listener functions for AgentRevivedEvent in MovementSystem and UnityAStarMovementSystem.
- Added agentRevived world state.
- Added AgentRevivedEvent world event.
- Added ReviveAgent() to IAgentSystem and AgentSystemMono. It dispatches an AgentRevivedEvent.
- Added IWeatherSystem and UnityWeatherSystem.
- Added ICoverSystem and UnityCoverSystem.
- Added GetAgentRange() and SetAgentRange() to IAgentSystem and AgentSystemMono.
- Added SetMaxSpeed function to IMovementSystem.
- Added GetAnimationController function to AnimationSystem.
- Added IsInputControllable function to MovementSystem.
- Added GetEntityHitBoxMaxHealth function to AttackSystem.
- RescueAtKorabela scene updated to demonstrate a mission objective built using Scenario Map authoring tools.
- Modified ExampleMSELI to demonstrate how to use Scenario Map conditions and events.
- Added ScenarioMapIdentifier.cs component that allows arbitrary game objects to be used in Scenario Map configurations.
- Added Scenario Map Observation Condition, allowing scenario events to be triggered by arbitrary world events by pattern-matching against the event representations in the Interpretation System’s world event observer. Includes mechanism for specifying specific RIDE entities in pattern before their RideID is known.
- Removed unused/outdated components UnityGroup, UnityInterpreter, UnityNarrator – use ScenarioMapGroup, ScenarioMapInterpreter, ScenarioMapNarrator instead. Updated RegionSystem to remove reference to UnityGroup.
- Removed unused and outdated Unity-editor specific AI behaviour components. Use ScenarioMapAgentBehaviour and ScenarioMapGroupBehaviour instead. Deprecated WanderMono.cs
- Removed unused and outdated Unity-editor versions of Scenario Conditions and Scenario Events. Use ScenarioMapCondition and ScenarioMapEvent instead.
- Added feature marking system for tracking terrain elements of interest (doors, windows); note, annotation process currently manual.
- Upgraded project to support Unity 2021.2.17f1.
- Updated various packages, including Barracuda, ML Agents and Timeline.
- ProjectSettings – Editor – Asset Pipeline – Turned on ‘Parallel Import’.
- runUnity.bat – fix for macOS when using Hub 3.x.
- runUnity.bat – removed the optional modules from the initial installation; now more convenient to install the additional modules via the GUI, if/when needed.
- Note, recommend clearing your local checkout \Library directories under \RideUnity and \NewProjectTemplate Unity projects prior to updating.
Added several Example scenes that highlight new RIDE capabilities, such as:
- BarracudaAPI; demonstrates how to examine and run unit tests on various Machine Learning models residing within/outside RIDE backed with Unity Barracuda framework.
- ExampleCustomAgentAnimations; add custom animations to agent avatars in RIDE, including a simple debug selection menu.
- DefenseOfCatalinaIsland; simple authored scenario to demonstrate features of the Scenario Map toolset.
- SimpleNetworkExample; demonstrates how to set up a network environment with controllable characters using the RIDE API and Photon asset package.
- TimelineConditionCheck; features Timeline’s method of creating non-linear events by checking for conditions before advancing through the track.
- TimelineCompilation; features Timeline’s general functionalities, such as spawning, commanding entities, and controlling cameras.
This release contains numerous bug fixes, including code refactoring and optimizations. Selected items of interest listed below.
- BattleDrill_ReactToAmbush_DataMono; re-enabled first-person view of a selected agent via O key press.
- ExampleWaypointVisualizer and ExampleWaypointVisualizer_Korabela scenes, errors upon instancing of SoldierBlueWaypoint and adding of waypoints.
- ExamplePhoton and ExamplePhotonWithSpeechRecognition, DebugConsole (Missing Prefab).
- ExampleSessionRecording, use of Exit command fails to populate exampleRecording.session file.
- Singleplayer_YumaDriving_InputVehicles and Singleplayer_YumaDriving_InputVehicles_CTR, repeating audio listeners message and camera remains static after terrain streaming complete.
- Standalone builds, ExampleParticleSystem: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Standalone builds, ExampleSessionRecording, sequence fails to initialize.
- Standalone builds, ExamplePhotonWithSpeechRecognition, after loading and exiting from scene, standalone app then becomes unresponsive upon app Exit selection at main menu.
- ExampleBehaviourComparison, ML Agent movement behavior improved.
- Fix for AgentSystemMono.ReviveAgent() passing incorrect parameter to event dispatch.
- Fixed SetAgentHealthFull function to apply to all IAgents (not just AgentMonos).
New defects or regressions of interest to be addressed in a future release.
- BD_Ambush, IndexOutofRangeException error at runtime.
- PlayerInputControllerDataMono, inconsistencies with PlayerInputController scene.