Release Notes – 0.5 (December 2021)
Please read the below Release Notes and related changes for this version.
In order to access Terrain datasets, you must have a terrain key. Please contact us directly in order to acquire a key.
- Updated AstarPathfindingProject, incorporating version 4.2.17 of the A* Pathfinding Project package.
- A* movement system snaps agents to Terrain collider instead of navmesh graph in the Y axis. (Updated example scenes accordingly.)
- Fix for CPU spikes when updating navmesh penalties.
- BattleDrill_CoverAndConcealment; work-in-progress scene toward simulating the next Army doctrine Battle Drill.
- Added RTS Camera Controller.
- Created Entity Group related systems for unit echelons, including Group Management, Group Billboard, and Group Organization.
- Entity spawning system (can be used with multi-domain operations for certain entities to spawn other entities).
- Entity representation system (a single entity (unique RideID) can be used to represent multiple entities / echelons).
- Dismounted AgentMono units default health now 100; increased damage of default M4 and AK47 weapons to 50.
Level Select (Standalone or full-source distributions only)
- Rearranged order of Advanced Integrations section in LevelSelect.unity and added new RideAtlas scene to top of the list.
- Added various scenes not included previously and alphabetized scenes within sections.
- Modified ExampleMSELI to include scenario events that are created entirely in the editor.
- Added MSELI project related utility code to support future AI/Behavior development in RIDE directly.
- Processed new terrain maps to be available for streaming.
- Added TerrainLoader terrain list drop-down, with ability to override if desired. (Updated example scenes accordingly.)
- Trees are now placed in the correct spot on terrain when spawned, rather than waiting until after all have been spawned.
- DataCache is now a proper RIDE System. Added DataCache to RideSystems.prefab.
- Upgraded to support Unity 2021.2.1f1.
- Note, recommend clearing your local checkout \Library directories under \RideUnity and \NewProjectTemplate Unity projects prior to updating.
- AI/Player tank combat system with improved firing logic, destruction event handling and shell impact explosion, looping smoke plum and sound effects.
- Refactored various systems and pruned unused scripts.
- vhAssetsDebugOnScreenLogSystem, vhAssetsFpsCounterSystem, and vhAssetsDebugConsoleSystem no longer spawn their respective prefab at startup; use gameobject reference instead.
Added several Example scenes that highlight new RIDE capabilities, such as:
- ExampleEntityGroup; instance and manage fireteam and squad unit echelons.
- ExampleUnityGroupBehaviours; demonstrates how to create groups and assign behaviours to groups entirely within the Unity editor.
- ExampleUnityInterpretationSystem; shows how the Interpretation System can now be utilized entirely via the Unity editor.
- RescueAtKorabela; work-in-progress toward implementing ScenarioMap tool for scenario authoring in the Unity editor.
- TerrainMapCap; scene for capturing 3D terrain into orthographics map to allow map annotations. Initial implementation to load annotation results for agent placements on 3D terrain.
This release contains numerous bug fixes, including code refactoring and optimizations. Selected items of interest listed below.
- TakeCoverMLAgent.cs updated to use MoveSystem to move agents to position; addresses missing animation issue in TrainingMLAgents and ExampleBehaviourComparision.
- Deceased agents can no longer be selected and moved at run-time.
- ExampleOrdnanceMenu, error upon detonation of instanced ordnance.
- Addressed several out-of-order initialization bugs possible in standalone builds.
New defects or regressions of interest to be addressed in a future release.
- BD_Ambush, IndexOutofRangeException error at runtime.
- PlayerInputControllerDataMono, inconsistencies with PlayerInputController scene.
- ExamplePhotonWithSpeechRecognition, “CANCELLED: Reason=Error” status messages when Start Recognition clicked.
- Standalone builds, ExamplePhotonWithSpeechRecognition, after loading and exiting from scene, standalone app then becomes unresponsive upon app Exit selection at main menu.