Demonstrate various ICT S&T research lines in a well-known format with very specific pass/fail parameters and training objectives.
How to Use
When the scene launches, allow time for the terrain map assets to complete streaming. The first button prompt for setup will appear when finished.
- Click the button, then click a point on the terrain to instance a group of OPFOR agents.
Add OPFOR Kill Zone
- Click the button, then click a point on the terrain to set the OPFOR Kill Zone. The ambush will occur when BLUFOR units enter this zone. Recommend placement “near” the OPFOR group.
- Click the button, then click a point on the terrain to instance a group of BLUFOR agents. Ensure the location is well outside of the OPFRO Kill Zone. Recommend placement behind a structure that obscures visual line-of-sight to OPFOR initially.
Add BLUFOR Patrol Point
- Click the button, then click a point on the terrain for the BLUFOR agents to navigate toward. Ensure this location is either within the Kill Zone itself, or will cause BLUFOR to intersect it.
Now the sequence will initialize with the BLUFOR agents navigating to the patrol point, and will approach/enter the kill zone where the ambush portion will begin.
Input Controls – PC
Keyboard & Mouse
- F12 releases/constrains cursor to/from window
- F11 toggles off/on debug/system menus
- Step to the next menu be either clicking the middle title bar or arrows (<>) at the top
- System statistics appear in subsequent menus
- ~ key toggles the console tool
- Hold right-click and move cursor to rotate camera
- Press WASD keys to move camera
- Press QE keys to rotate camera left/right (yaw)
- Press TG keys to rotate camera up/down (pitch)
- Hold Shift to increase camera movement speed
- Hold Space bar to raise camera
- Hold Ctrl to lower camera
First-Person Observer Controls:
- Click an agent to select them (green ring appears at their feet)
- Next, press the O key
- Camera switches to first-person mode from that agent’s perspective
- Press the O key again to toggle back to the main camera
Scene Location & Name
Utilize the Battle Drill capability and interface for your scene with the BattleDrillScene script.
Refer to the example scene for setup.