Create a navigation mesh from OWT data for agent pathing.
How to Use
Generate a navigation mesh using the following steps
- In your unity scene, create an empty game object (Game Object → Create Empty) and attach the LoadTiles component
- Un-check “Load at start” and put the path of the terrain that you wish to load (for example Assets/StreamingAssets/Ride_Terrains/USC_LMAB_SEGT_ENU_5cm_170520_Tile/terrainDescriptionSplit.json for USC Campus)
- From the Unity menu toolbar, select Ride → Terrains → Load Terrain or Ride → Terrains → Load Plane and wait for the terrain to load
- Once loaded, go to Window → AI → Navigation. This will open the navigation window
- Select Mesh Renders under the Object tab and then select all the mesh renderers under TerrainRoot in the hierarchy window. Make sure the Navigator Static checkbox is checked
- Select the Bake tab. Click the bake button.
- A new folder will be created in the same folder as your scene with the same name. Inside of this folder is the navigation mesh data.
- Select terrain root and delete it
- Commit the scene and the navigation data